Welcome to Banks. We’ve zoomed in on Banks and crafted a list of key information to help you better understand the Banks lifestyle. We know investing in property is a big decision, so our suburb profiles are sure to help you get all the facts.
Banks is a suburb of Tuggeranong which is located adjacent to the suburbs of Conder and Gordon which combined make up the area known as the Lanyon Valley. It is bounded by Box Hill Avenue, Tom Roberts Avenue and Tharwa Drive.
The current median house price in Banks is $421,500. So far, for the 2016 calendar year, a total of 90 properties have sold in Banks. The highest recorded residential sale in Banks is $1,050,000, seen in 2015 for a property in Galbraith Close.
- Banks has a population of 5,060 people
- The median age in Banks is 29 years
- Separate house: 86.4%
- Semi-detached, row or terrace house, townhouse etc. 13.4%
- Flat, unit or apartment: 0%
- Other: 0%
The suburb of banks doesn’t actually have any of it’s own schools however as it does share a boundary with the suburbs of Conder and Gordon and therefore feeds to the following schools:
- Charles Conder Primary in Conder
- Lanyon High School in Conder
- Covenant College in Gordon
Banks doesn’t specifically have any churches located in the suburb however the closest church is:
- Lanyon Valley Anglican Church in Gordon
Banks Rubbish Collection
- General waste collection for Banks is weekly on a Tuesday
- Recycling collection for Banks is fortnightly on a Tuesday
Banks Clubs/Community Centres
There are no clubs or community centres in Banks however there are a couple in the Lanyon Valley which services Banks:
- Lanyon Vikings Club
- Lanyon Youth and Community Centre
Banks Parks/Sporting Facilities
- Located in the suburb is Beau and Jessi Park and the Banks Oval
- In the east of Banks is the smaller mountain Big Monks, which has a gliding stage near the top, allowing paragliders and hang-gliders to fly over the suburb
Wanniassa Shopping Facilities
- There is a small shopping centre in the suburb of Banks, situated on Pockett Avenue with a variety of retail outlets
- Banks is located adjacent to the suburb of Conder, where you can find a major shopping complex, Lanyon Marketplace
- The Tuggeranong Hyperdome in the heart of Tuggeranong is a short 5 minute drive
- Banks is serviced by several ACTION bus routes which run between the Tuggeranong, Woden, City and Belconnen bus interchanges
- Driving by car to Canberra city centre will take you approximately 25-35 minutes, depending on traffic, with various routes available to you, either via Yamba Drive, Monaro Highway or the Tuggeranong Parkway
- Cycling from Banks to the Canberra city centre is approximately 20km
Note: The Banks demographic information has been compiled from a variety of sources including the Australian Bureau of Statistics (2011 Census).