We’ve zoomed in on Bonython and crafted a list of key information to help you better understand the Bonython lifestyle. We know investing in property is a big decision, so our suburb profiles are sure to help you get all the facts.
Bonython adjoins the suburbs of Greenway, Isabella Plains and Gordon.
The current median house price in Bonython is $472,500. So far, for the 2016 calendar year, a total of 66 properties have sold in Bonython. The highest recorded residential sale in Bonython is $805,000, seen in 2015 for a property in Shyllie Rymill Street.
- Bonython has a population of 3,905 people
- The median age in Bonython is 33 years
- Separate house: 57.4%
- Semi-detached, row or terrace house, townhouse etc. 35.5%
- Flat, unit or apartment: 7.2%
- Other: 0%
- Bonython Primary School
- Lanyon High School (in Conder)
- Lake Tuggeranong College (in Tuggeranong)
There are no Churches in Bonython however there are plenty close-by such as:
- LifeCity Church South in Tuggeranong
- Salvation Army Church Tuggeranong Corps
Bonython Rubbish Collection
- General waste collection for Bonython is weekly on a Tuesday
- Recycling collection for Bonython is fortnightly on a Tuesday
Bonython Clubs/Community Centres
There are no clubs or community centres in Bonython however there are a few in Tuggeranong which is very close-by:
- Tuggeranong Vikings Club
- Tuggeranong Southern Cross Club
- Tuggeranong Library
Bonython Parks/Sporting Facilities
- Located in the suburb is the Bonython Neighbourhood oval, a community oval, used by school students on school days and by various Tuggeranong sporting clubs on weekends.
- Bonython residents also have convenient access to Lake Tuggeranong, a popular spot for sport and recreational activities
- Lakeside Leisure Centre, Tuggeranong
Bonython Shopping Facilities
- The suburb is conveniently close to the Tuggeranong Town Centre, which includes the Tuggeranong Hyperdome, cinema, local businesses and a vibrant dining precinct.
- Bonython contains very few shops of its own, a general store and a couple of niche shops.
There are a number of ACTION buses which service Bonython with connection to the Tuggeranong, Woden, City and Belconnen bus interchanges.
Driving by car into the City will take you approximately 20-25 minutes, depending on traffic, with various routes available to you, either via Yamba Drive, Athllon Drive or the Tuggeranong Parkway.