We’ve zoomed in on Calwell and crafted a list of key information to help you better understand the Calwell lifestyle. We know investing in property is a big decision, so our suburb profiles are sure to help you get all the facts.
Calwell sits next to the suburbs of Theodore, Isabella Plains and Richardson and is bounded by Johnson Drive, Were Street, Drakeford Drive and Tharwa Drive.
The current median house price in Calwell is $477,000. So far, for the 2016 calendar year, a total of 97 properties have sold in Calwell. The highest recorded residential sale in Calwell is $1,125,000, seen in 2016 for a property in Mountain Circuit.
- Calwell has a population of 5,879 people
- The median age in Calwell is 33 years
- Separate house: 86.3%
- Semi-detached, row or terrace house, townhouse etc. 7.5%
- Flat, unit or apartment: 6.2%
- Other: 0%
- Calwell Primary School
- Calwell High School
- Sacred Heart Church
- Alliance Church Calwell
- St Mary in the Valley Anglican Parish Centre
Calwell Rubbish Collection
- General waste collection for Calwell is weekly on a Tuesday
- Recycling collection for Calwell is fortnightly on a Tuesday
Calwell Clubs/Community Centres
- Calwell Club
- Calwell Neighbourhood Centre
Calwell Parks/Sporting Facilities
Calwell District Playing Fields is one of the largest and highest use sportsgrounds in Canberra. The grounds are accessed off Were Street and have extensive parking areas.
Calwell Shopping Facilities
The Calwell Centre is a designated shopping centre located on Webber Crescent in the north of the suburb. Among the retail and service outlets are a Woolworths supermarket, service station, tavern, restaurants, car wash, swim school plus several more specialty shops
- Calwell is serviced by several ACTION bus routes which run between the Tuggeranong, Woden and City bus interchanges
- Calwell is located close to the Monaro Highway which provides a direct route to Canberra City and to Cooma. Driving by car into the City will take you approximately 20-25 minutes, depending on traffic.