We’ve zoomed in on Chisholm and crafted a list of key information to help you better understand the Chisholm lifestyle. We know investing in property is a big decision, so our suburb profiles are sure to help you get all the facts.
Chisholm adjoins the suburbs of Gowrie, Gilmore, Isabella Plains and Richardson. It is bounded by Isabella Drive, Heagney Crescent and Clift Crescent.
The current median house price in Chisholm is $473,000. So far, for the 2016 calendar year, a total of 84 properties have sold in Chisholm. The highest recorded residential sale in Chisholm is $920,000, seen in 2011 for a property in Guerin Place.
- Chisolm has a population of 5,238 people
- The median age in Chisholm is 33 years
- Separate house: 97.1%
- Semi-detached, row or terrace house, townhouse etc. 2.7%
- Flat, unit or apartment: 0.2%
- Other: 0%
- Caroline Chisholm School – Junior Campus
- Caroline Chisholm School – Senior Campus
- Canberra Revival Fellowship
- The Church of Good Shepherd
Chisholm Rubbish Collection
- General waste collection for Banks is weekly on a Tuesday
- Recycling collection for Banks is fortnightly on a Tuesday
Chisholm Clubs/Community Centres
- Chisholm Community Centre
- Chisholm Vikings Club
- Chisholm Sports Club
Chisholm Parks/Sporting Facilities
- Chisholm also has several sporting facilities; the Chisholm District Playing Fields, Chisholm Neighbourhood Oval and The Pines Tennis Club
- Chisholm and Gilmore are separated by Simpsons Hill, which provides some wilderness with walking tracks over it, popular for walking dogs.
- Tuggeranong Netball Association
Chisholm Shopping Facilities
The Chisholm Shopping Centre has a variety of shops and service outlets including a Coles Supermarket, ALDI, tavern, restaurants, general practitioner, dentist, service station and several other businesses
- Chisholm is serviced by several ACTION bus routes
- Chisholm is located within easy access to the Monaro Highway providing residents with direct links to the Canberra City. Depending on traffic, a trip to the city will take approximately 20 – 25 minutes.
Note: The Chisholm demographic information has been compiled from a variety of sources including the Australian Bureau of Statistics (2011 Census).