We’ve zoomed in on Conder and crafted a list of key information to help you better understand the Conder lifestyle. We know investing in property is a big decision, so our suburb profiles are sure to help you get all the facts.
Conder is one of the southernmost suburbs of Canberra located in the Lanyon Valley. It is next to the suburbs of Banks and Gordon and it’s a nice walk over Tuggeranong Hill to Calwell and Theodore.
The current median house price in Conder is $523,750. So far, for the 2016 calendar year, a total of 89 properties have sold in Conder. The highest recorded residential sale in Conder is $1,270,000, seen in 2014 for a property in Coffey Place.
- Conder has a population of 5,304 people
- The median age in Conder is 32 years
- Separate house: 84.9%
- Semi-detached, row or terrace house, townhouse etc. 14.9%
- Flat, unit or apartment: 0%
- Other: 0%
- Charles Conder Primary School
- Lanyon High School
- St Clare of Assisi Primary School
Conder doesn’t specifically have any churches located in the suburb however the closest church is:
- Lanyon Valley Anglican Church in Gordon
Conder Rubbish Collection
- General waste collection for Banks is weekly on a Tuesday
- Recycling collection for Banks is fortnightly on a Tuesday
Conder Clubs/Community Centres
- Lanyon Vikings Club
- YWCA Mura Lanyon Youth and Community Centre
Conder Parks/Sporting Facilities
- Canberra Nature Park Playground and bike track
- Gordon District Playing Fields
Conder Shopping Facilities
Conder residents are well serviced by a major shopping complex; The Lanyon Marketplace
- Serviced by several ACTION bus routes which run between the Tuggeranong and Woden bus interchanges
- Driving by car will take you approximately 25-30 minutes, depending on traffic, with various routes available to you, either via Yamba Drive, Monaro Highway or the Tuggeranong Parkway
Note: The Conder demographic information has been compiled from a variety of sources including the Australian Bureau of Statistics (2011 Census).