Welcome to Gilmore. We’ve zoomed in on Gilmore and crafted a list of key information to help you better understand the Gilmore lifestyle. We know investing in property is a big decision, so our suburb profiles are sure to help you get all the facts.
Gilmore is next to the suburbs of Macarthur and Chisholm and is bounded by the Monaro Highway, Isabella Drive and Hambidge Crescent.
The current median house price in Gilmore is $483,500. So far, for the 2016 calendar year, a total of 36 properties have sold in Gilmore. The highest recorded residential sale in Gilmore is $715,000, seen in 2012 for a property in Edmond Close.
- Gilmore has a population of 2,854 people
- The median age in Gilmore is 32 years
- Separate house: 95.2%
- Semi-detached, row or terrace house, townhouse etc. 4.4%
- Flat, unit or apartment: 0.3%
- Other: 0%
- Gilmore Primary School
- Caroline Chisholm School
- Richardson Primary School
- Chisholm High School
- Calwell High School
- Gilmore Church
Gilmore Rubbish Collection
- General waste collection for Gilmore is weekly on a Tuesday
- Recycling collection for Gilmore is fortnightly on a Tuesday
Gilmore Clubs/Community Centres
- Gilmore Community House
- Chisholm Community Centre
- Chisholm Vikings Club
- Chisholm Sports Club
Gilmore Parks/Sporting Facilities
- Gilmore and Chisholm are separated by Simpsons Hill, which provides some wilderness with walking tracks over it, popular for walking dogs
- Gilmore Neighbourhood Oval is located on Heagney Crescent
- The Rose Cottage heritage site located off Isabella Drive is heritage listed and is open to the public
Gilmore Shopping Facilities
- Gilmore residents are well serviced by the Chisholm Shopping Centre which has a variety of shops and service outlets including a Coles Supermarket, ALDI, tavern, restaurants general practitioner, dentist, service station and several other businesses
- Several ACTION bus routes service Gilmore with links to the Tuggeranong and Woden bus interchanges
- Driving by car will take you approximately 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic, with various routes available to you, either via Yamba Drive, Monara Highway or the Tuggeranong Parkway
Note: The Gilmore demographic information has been compiled from a variety of sources including the Australian Bureau of Statistics (2011 Census).