Solar passive masterpiece
Popular since inception, the Fasham Johnson solar passive design homes have commanded interest from buyers for more than three decades. Sprinkled across the ACT these properties were designed and constructed to maximise what nature provides while creating warm, cosy, energy efficient homes to be enjoyed year round.
This particular home has been held for more than 20 years and displays many of the original features that emphasise the classic design statement. It offers single level living, ideally sited upon the 1,006sqm level block. Generously proportioned living, dining and family room plus large sun filled kitchen flow effortlessly and form the integral centre of the home. This also allows for segregation between the parents’ master bedroom suite and additional bedrooms.
It is pleasing to see that many of the original features have been retained including timber lined ceilings and solid full length windows Teak work surfaces adorn the kitchen benches and effective lighting throughout add to this authentic property, true to its original design.
Gas wall furnaces, ducted evaporative cooling and electric cooking as well as gas hot water tank all provide additional creature comforts throughout the year. The additional integrated pergola and courtyard areas are not only a practical, effective part of the design but also provide delightful vistas from within the home. Complete with a fishpond at the entrance, tranquility is established literally right at the point of entry.
Ideal as a family home the property provides plenty of space for day-to-day life and has proven highly functional for those who love to entertain. Every detail has been attended to and awaits your inspection and discovery.
The extensive yard is easy care, includes a large secure shed and has the space and potential to upgrade the garden to your dream utopia, should you desire a completely solar passive, self-sufficient existence.
Its location in the suburb of Gilmore will also afford you and your family quick access to local amenities, schools, public transport and medical and recreational areas. Major arterial connection will see your daily commute completed with ease.
• Fasham Johnson design home with 213sqm of living
• North facing, outside and inside areas integrated
• Four bedroom, study plus utility room
• Master segregated, with walk in robe and ensuite
• Spacious living areas, lounge, dining and family room
• Traditional features throughout, timber lined ceilings
• Kitchen with abundant storage, teak bench tops
• Large main bathroom, with step-up spa bath
• Sweeping pergola incorporates the entrance
• Gas heating, evaporative air, electric cooking
• Large level 1006m2 block with double garage
• Easy care garden, large secure shed
• Good local amenities, RZ2 zoning