Unique and full of history
If you are seeking a unique property but haven’t found the right one yet, this just might be it! Originally built in the late 1800’s the Old School was purchased in 1992 and so began the restoration of this building.
Full of history and sure to delight, the home now consists of two wings creating an expansive home with five bedrooms, four bathrooms, a main sitting room and generous living areas. This charming home features high ceilings and boasts an influx of natural light throughout.
Situated on a three acre block it would make an ideal weekender, Air B&B or studio for a work at home professional. The split-level design maximises the use of space while allowing some spaces impressive ceiling heights. The Old School Country Retreat provided dinner, bed and breakfast for twenty-eight years.
The home features a variety of living spaces, reading nooks and quiet places to sit and unwind. The galley kitchen is light filled and includes good storage and electric cooking. There is a generous dining room with plenty of room for a full-sized dining table. The formal sitting room includes an efficient slow-combustion fireplace, a bespoke light fitting and original timber floorboards.
Five generous bedrooms provide plenty of room for the whole family and ample room for guests. Several bedrooms include access outside and all rooms are light filled and welcoming. There are four bathrooms for convenience.
If you love to be outdoors, you have plenty of room to potter with three acres of land at your fingertips. Naturally landscaped, the block is covered with established trees, a pond and plenty of places to sit and relax in the shade or sun. There are two carports to accommodate up to four cars and sealed road access to the driveway.
Located in the historical village of Rye Park, you can enjoy the peace and quiet of a country lifestyle. It is a 15 minute drive to the nearest town of Boorowa, 45 minutes to Gunning, 1.5 hours to Canberra and 3.5 hours to Sydney.
• Unique home, originally the old school house.
• Five bedrooms, four bathrooms over two wings.
• Variety of living spaces, sitting areas and nooks.
• Galley kitchen, large separate dining area.
• Three acre block, established trees and pond.
• Historical village of Rye Park, 15 minutes to town.
• Ideal weekender, Air B&B or home studio.
• 1.5 hour drive to Canberra, 3.5 hours to Sydney.
COVID 19 – PRECAUTIONS OUR AGENTS WILL HAVE IN PLACE AT ALL EXHIBITIONS.
The challenge of public interaction as the virus evolves is apparent, our priority at McCann Properties is to ensure the well-being of all our clients. Unfortunately, due to the updated ban on all social gatherings we ask that you only inspect/attend an open if you are considering purchasing the property.
We will continue to conduct open homes by appointment only. We will be taking every precaution, therefore it is essential we implement the following measures during this unprecedented time:
• Upon entry to a property, we ask that you please sanitise your hands. Hand sanitiser will be supplied.
• If you’ve recently returned from overseas within the last 14 days, please do not attend an open home.
• Sales agents will keep the required 1.5 mtr social distancing, with no handshaking.
• Please avoid coughing/sneezing and cover your mouth with your elbow if necessary.
• If you become unwell within 14 days of attending one of our properties please contact us so we may make the owner and other attendees aware.
We thank you for your co-operation and appreciate your understanding of the current situation.
We will continue to take all the required precautions and continue to closely follow the advice from the World Health Organisation and the Australian Government. We’ll keep you updated with any changes that our business may need to make during this difficult time.