If selling your home before Christmas is on you’re to do list, time is of the essence with only 9 weeks to go! Pick up your phone and CALL US RIGHT NOW!
There are a few things to do like pricing your property, obtaining your building and pest report and appointing a solicitor; so it’s important to be on the front foot. We’ve got some tips to maximise the chance of selling your home in time for those bbq prawns on Christmas Day.
- Obtain a building and pest report. In the ACT it is a requirement for the seller to have a building and pest inspection done and included in the contract of sale before the property can be marketed. As an added bonus, it gives you a chance to fix any problems that might have been identified, before a potential buyer comes into contact with the house.
- Organise your property paperwork. At McCann Properties we will ask you to complete a property survey outlining the elements and key features of your home. Do you have top of the range appliances or under floor heating? Be prepared and have a list of all the special and unique features of your home which make it stand out. Have a think about your location and make a note of where your home is positioned in relation to local amenities and facilities, these are all valuable points which can be marketed when selling your home.
- As a seller, you can instruct a solicitor as soon as you like. Appointing a solicitor is essential to a quick move. Do some research into local firms or alternatively, we would be happy to provide a list of solicitors we recommend.
- Have a thorough de-clutter and tidy up. First impressions are vital. Ensure your home is clean and clutter free, inside and out, so you are ready for professional photographs to be taken and for viewing by potential buyers. We are happy to provide advice on preparing your home for sale and what areas to focus on.
- Рrісіng уоur рrореrtу is а tоuсhу subјесt however you need to ensure you price your property realistically to avoid putting potential buyers off. If you overprice your property it can stay on the market forever and never sell. Undеr рrісе іt аnd уоu аrе lеаvіng mоnеу оn thе tаblе. Dоn’t bаsе уоur рrореrtу’s рrісе оn whаt оthеr рrореrtіеs іn thе nеіghbоurhооd аrе gоіng fоr, оr whаt уоu ехресt tо make. We are happy to help you determine an accurate value for your property based on our experience and knowledge of the local market.
- Selling your home in the lead up to the festive season may require an element of flexibility on your behalf. Often at this time of year people are busier at work ensuring deadlines are met before the Christmas wind down or taking holidays early alongside the school holiday breaks. An accommodating seller who allows for viewing at irregular hours for example, could help nab a sale.
- Have all your ducks in a row for moving day. A quick sale will require you to be prepared with packing, removals and finalising your personal affairs. For example, begin searching for respected removal and cleaning companies and start amassing packing items like boxes and tape. Being organised and planning ahead will minimise your stress levels and make it easier on move day.
As always, if you’d like to have a chat to discuss your real estate needs, call us on 02 6171 2220. We look forward to helping you.